Microblading is a procedure that can drastically to improve the appearance of your eyebrows. It is a semi-permanent tattoo technique used to create the illusion of fuller brows.
Before your microblading session:
- Take a break from retinoids, glycolics and vitamin c serums at least 2 weeks before the microblading session.
- Do not drink alcohol or take blood thinning meds 24 hours prior to your microblading session.
- Avoid caffeine 24 hours prior to the session.
- Treatments such as botox, waxing, threading, peels and face lasers should take place at least 2 weeks before your microblading session.
- Make sure that your skin is blemish and sunburn free, healthy and non-irritated.
After your microblading session:
Caring of the skin after microblading is similar to tattoo care, just a bit more intensive. Immediately following the procedure, the pigment will appear quite dark and the skin underneath will be red, do not let that worry you, it is normal.
2-3 hours after the procedure, you should use a gauze pad included in your kit and wet it with sterile water and wash the ointment off your browns. After that, you need to do your best to keep your face completely dry for 10 days.
When you take a shower, keep your face directly out of the shower stream. When you are washing your hair, do your best to keep your face as dry as possible. If you accidentally get your face wet, pet it dry with paper towels as soon as possible. Overall, keep showers short because steam can harm brows.
Ten days after your microblading session, be sure to avoid splashing water on your face like you do normally. Instead, when you want to wash your face, use a washcloth or disposable cleansing wipes. Make sure to wipe your skin around the brows – they must stay dry.
Do not apply any makeup or creams on your brows for at least 10 days. If your skin starts to feel tight and dry around day 7 post treatment, you can use a small amount of coconut oil to gently moisturize the area once a day. Avoid this unless it is completely necessary.
Avoid any type of heavy exercising for at least 10 days post procedure, to avoid sweating. Avoid going to the pool or the beach. It can be tempting, there are a lot of them around Orlando, but try your best to avoid them for at least 2 weeks.
After 10 days you can wash your face like you usually do! Use a gentle face wash.